Sunday, June 6, 2010

Zeldara's favorite video game soundtracks

A random list.

Arranged in no particular order.

Paper Mario TTYD
Paper Mario 1
Donkey Kong Country 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
TSRPR
Donkey Kong 64
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
The Guardian Legend
Cool or Cruel
VVVVVV

(I may or may not edit this post if I forgot any that I particularly like.)

Note that containing one of my favorite music tracks will not necessarily place a game on this list. It needs to be a large portion of the music. (That is why Yoshi's Island is not on this list (even though its castle theme is one of my favorite video game tracks ever).)

3 comments:

  1. Paper Mario TTYD - I only watched a stream and I never listened to it
    Paper Mario 1 - Can't remember
    Donkey Kong Country 2 - Never played it
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Never heard of it
    TSRPR - Yes
    Donkey Kong 64 - Never listened to it
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Never played it
    The Guardian Legend = Never heard of it
    Cool or Cruel - Oh god yes
    VVVVVV - yes

    You forgot pong D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest doing YouTube searches for the games you haven't heard the music of, finding a playthrough that has sound, and watching it.

    The Guardian Legend is some random NES game that I've seen several playthroughs of. It's a combination of a scrolling shooter and Zelda-1-style exploration.

    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is an RPG for the Wii. The battle themes are some of the best I've encountered. (Note that some people turn the animations off (since it's a super-slow-paced game (like many RPGs)), and the battle themes only play during the animations.)

    As for Paper Mario 1/TTYD, it's also mainly the battle themes-- they both contain quite a lot of different battle themes, and I like nearly all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the battle theme's were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete