Friday, May 28, 2010

Pokémon Emerald: Overleveled Edition!

In about an hour, I was able to modify Pokémon Emerald to make all Pokémon level up insanely quickly!

Not Roy defeated wild Lv2 Zigzagoon!
Not Roy gained 17 EXP!
Not Roy grew to level 6!
Not Roy learned Absorb!
Not Roy grew to level 7!

(After a few more random battles)

Not Roy is completely overleveled!
Not Roy is evolving!
And the first rival battle hasn't even happened yet!

(Yes, I named a Treecko Not Roy.)


I don't even like Pokémon... It's slow-paced and luck-reliant for my liking. (Though like most RPGs, the series as a whole has good battle themes.)

Anyway, I could upload an IPS patch if anyone's interested. (Who reads this anyway besides Mariofan1000?)

Edit: emerald-overlvl.ips

Edit 2: Link removed; you can download an updated version from a later post.

3 comments:

  1. Blogger?

    I'd like to see a video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to upload a video as well, but I have no idea how to.

    (If you have a way to record GBA videos, I could upload the patch so you could make a video.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I expect I could probably do this fairly easily to any Gen. 3 version, if you would prefer something other than Emerald.

    ReplyDelete